Submission Guidelines for Journal of Art Studies
1. This journal publishes articles in the fields of art history, art theory, and visual culture. Scholars in Taiwan and overseas are welcome to submit their manuscripts. Articles previously published will not be considered. All manuscripts must undergo the double-blind peer-review process and will be published only with the approval of the reviewers and editorial committee.
2. Manuscripts may be written either in Chinese or English. English articles should follow the MLA format for their footnotes, where full bibliographical information should be provided. References should be arranged alphabetically by author and, within author, by year of publication. When the manuscript is first submitted for review, the illustrations may be low-resolution digital files, but once the manuscript is accepted the author must provide the illustrations in high-resolution digital files and obtain image permissions.
3. Manuscripts in English are limited to 8000 to 16000 words, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12-point font, with 300-word abstracts and keywords.
4. Manuscripts submitted will be sent to at least two readers for double-blind review. Thus the manuscript should not contain the author’s name or any possible reference for identifying the author. Authors are expected to provide, on a separate sheet, their names, institutions, job titles, contact addresses, telephone numbers in order to facilitate communication.
5. For accepted English manuscripts, Journal of Art Studies reserves the right to translate the title, abstract, and the keywords into Chinese if the author is unable to provide Chinese translation.
6. Where articles involve the use of copyrighted materials, authors are required to obtain the copyright owners' consent. Authors are responsible for any reproduction costs or permission fees incurred. This journal will not assume responsibility for copyright matters.
7. Authors will not be paid, but will receive three complimentary copies of the issue in which their articles appear.
8. Once the articles are accepted and included in this journal, authors agree to authorize their articles to be uploaded onto the official website of this journal for readers to download, and agree to authorize other database operators to reproduce and provide services through the Internet.
9. Authors are kindly requested to send Microsoft Word files of their manuscripts and illustrations to JournalofArtstudies@gmail.com.
10. Our contact information:
Journal of Art Studies
Graduate Institute of Art Studies
National Central University
No. 300, Zhongda Rd.
Jhongli District, Taoyuan City 32001